Call Artsgraphica today on
Be Inspired at TEDx Hull
TED, which stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design is dedicated to spreading ideas and stimulating dialogue. Started as a four-day conference in California 26 years ago, TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives. At TED, the world's leading thinkers and doers are asked to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson and former Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
TEDx Hull is an independent event celebrating the spirit of TED's mission and brings a host of top speakers to the Hull Truck Theatre on February 21st. The talks include everything from the search for Dark Matter to the incredible story of the first woman to ski solo across the Arctic.
Helen Bissett, MD of H&H, said she was expecting TEDx Hull to be a very inspirational event. “It isn’t necessarily about high profile speakers coming along and telling you about their success,” she said.
“Speakers are selected because they have a different way of looking at things or they have come up with a great idea and want a forum to share it. They challenge the audience look at things differently too. It’s about pushing human learning and knowledge forward in an accessible way, so in that sense there is nothing quite like TEDx, it is fantastic.”
The event, which is sponsored by Hull telecoms company KC, takes place on February 21st 2012. Tickets are £30 and on sale now and available from www.tedxhull.com
Here is our selection of some of the best articles from across the web. Updated regularly.
- Boagworld Show S05E09
- Ecommerce Links: January 2013 | Get Elastic Ecommerce Blog
- 20 Eye-Popping Interactive Experiences That Show Off What HTML5 Can Do | Co.Create: Creativity \ Culture \ Commerce
- How to develop a great portfolio | Webdesigner Depot
- Adobe almost does something amazing by accident | Ars Technica
- Lincolnshire Computing At School Intiative Launched by SoCS Staff | School of Computer Science
- 12 Things We Loved In Web Design in 2012
- ReadWrite – Top 10 Games For iPhone & Android In 2012
- Apple, Intel Said To Be Working On A Bluetooth Smart Watch
- 10 Raspberry Pi creations that show how amazing the tiny PC can be | Ars Technica