Call Artsgraphica today on
Entrepreneurship talk for the University of Lincoln
I was delighted to be invited by Lincoln University's School of Computer Science to share my experiences in a talk about entrepreneurship this afternoon.
I got some great advice from a similar talk when I was a student at Salford University. So I was delighted when John Lewak invited me to get involved at Lincoln University. The students were very kind and listened attentively to my ramblings about what it takes to be a modern entrepreneur.
We kicked off proceedings with a discussion on the traditional view of entrepreneurs in the media. The discussion soon moved on to topics such as confidence, risk and recognising opportunities as they present themselves. We discussed the role that entrepreneurship can play as an employee, when working for yourself and finally as an employer of others.
Thanks should go to John Lewak and Mel Chapman for setting up the event. I hope that sharing some of my experiences in starting and running a digital business has been helpful to the next generation of digital entrepreneurs.
Here is our selection of some of the best articles from across the web. Updated regularly.
- Boagworld Show S05E09
- Ecommerce Links: January 2013 | Get Elastic Ecommerce Blog
- 20 Eye-Popping Interactive Experiences That Show Off What HTML5 Can Do | Co.Create: Creativity \ Culture \ Commerce
- How to develop a great portfolio | Webdesigner Depot
- Adobe almost does something amazing by accident | Ars Technica
- Lincolnshire Computing At School Intiative Launched by SoCS Staff | School of Computer Science
- 12 Things We Loved In Web Design in 2012
- ReadWrite – Top 10 Games For iPhone & Android In 2012
- Apple, Intel Said To Be Working On A Bluetooth Smart Watch
- 10 Raspberry Pi creations that show how amazing the tiny PC can be | Ars Technica