Call Artsgraphica today on
Visit Lincoln Brand Launch
I was delighted to be invited to the launch of the new brand identity for Lincoln earlier today. Held at Bishop Grosseteste University College, the Visit Lincoln Partnership gave a compelling presentation highlighting the many virtues of our home city and outlined their plan to increase visitors. This was followed by the unveiling of the new brand identity for Lincoln which has been created over the last 7 months by the Visit Lincoln Partnership and the Ruddocks Design Agency.
The brand marque has been based on four fleur de lys symbols which appear in many places across our city. If you look closely you can see a number of different elements including swords, propeller blades, turbine blades, flowers and hearts. After the controversy of the Hull logo missing its capital letter, I was pleased to see the design team gave Lincoln a capital L. Also, in a reference to the city's historic architecture, the 'n' characters have been adapted to form arches.
I feel that this new identity should be applauded for balancing the many aspects of a diverse city with both character and meaning. This is a great start and I look forward to the next part of the Visit Lincoln story.
Here is our selection of some of the best articles from across the web. Updated regularly.
- Boagworld Show S05E09
- Ecommerce Links: January 2013 | Get Elastic Ecommerce Blog
- 20 Eye-Popping Interactive Experiences That Show Off What HTML5 Can Do | Co.Create: Creativity \ Culture \ Commerce
- How to develop a great portfolio | Webdesigner Depot
- Adobe almost does something amazing by accident | Ars Technica
- Lincolnshire Computing At School Intiative Launched by SoCS Staff | School of Computer Science
- 12 Things We Loved In Web Design in 2012
- ReadWrite – Top 10 Games For iPhone & Android In 2012
- Apple, Intel Said To Be Working On A Bluetooth Smart Watch
- 10 Raspberry Pi creations that show how amazing the tiny PC can be | Ars Technica